A Form I20 is a legal document issued by an authorized University that tells the U.S. government that a particular student is eligible for F1
Student Status. It certifies
1. that you are or expect to be a bona fide student; in simple language, you have got an admission offer.
2. that you will pursue a full course of study; not part - time.
3. your level of English knowledge - either you have required English language proficiency - or you need to take certain courses to become proficient.
4. that you have proved that you have sufficient money to study and live in the U.S.
5. all funding you have received from the University.